- Are your students learning words, but perhaps forming incorrect ideas about how they are pronounced?
- Are any of your students having difficulty with certain sounds?
- Do you have students who need reading remediation, reading enrichment, and /or reading that will help them learn English?
- Would you be interested in a total reading program that finds out what students need and then gives them instruction in that need?
- Would you like your students to each have his or her personal reading coach?
If you answered any of these questions with "Yes", then you'll want to be on the lookout for MindPlay's Virtual Reading Coach, due out in July 2012. My Virtual Reading Coach features interactive lessons and media-rich content for students at all levels, K-12. When students first start with MVRC they are given a diagnostic test, which uncovers what skills they need. Based on this initial evaluation and later performance data, students are given lessons that fit their individual needs.
MVRC emphasizes reading, phonics, punctuation, pronunciation, grammar, and comprehension. Practices are both auditory and visual and put the Orton-Gillingham method to work to help students learn to read.
Setting this program apart from other reading programs are virtual reading coaches and speech pathologists who patiently help students with the lessons and show them how to pronounce words correctly--even how to form letters and words with their mouth. Because of the methods used, MindPlay guarantees dramatic results with all its programs, and My Virtual Reading Coach is no exception.
Although My Virtual Reading Coach can be of benefit to students at any level, it is particularly excellent for those students who are learning English, students who need remedial help and those who would benefit from enrichment in reading. MindPlay has the endorsements of the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE) and the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
The program, based on the MindPlay's popular My Reading Coach, is not Web-based, but can be used on PC and Mac computers and Android tablets. It is not available for iPads at this time.
Mindplay Virtual Reading Coach
Preview Mindplay Virtual Reading Coach via a Webinar
Request a quote